Job Opening For Legal Personal Assistant - Legal Transcription
Designation: Legal Personal Assistant
Employment Mode: Full time
Experience: 3 – 7 Years
Work location: Salem / Chennai / Bangalore
Shift Timing: Australian Timings
Job Description for Legal Personal Assistant:
1. Receiving and saving transcribed letters, Court forms and file notes.
2. Saving documents to the client's individual file in the firm's software system (Affinity). Then, forwarding the electronic link to the documents to the lawyer and their Adelaide based personal assistant. We will provide additional details about what to name documents when they are saved.
Opening files on Affinity
1. Working from a 'new instruction sheet', entering the information into the Affinity system to open a new client file. Essentially a data entry task that will differ slightly between various types of practice.
2. Sending clients replies (and associated authorities for PI matters) and monitoring/saving on their return
3. Once a file has been opened, sending letters to the clients to provide them with all the details they need to understand about the work we are going to do, how we will do it and what we are going to charge them to do the work.
1. Putting together the Retainers using a template and saving to Affinity and emailing to the lawyer for them to approve and then they can be emailed to the client.
2. Occasionally, sending other documents to the client with the Retainer.
Compilation of electronic briefs
1. When we work with a Barrister and a matter is heading for a trial, they need to receive a copy of all the relevant information that we have that relates to the client's matter. Saving these documents to the client's matter in Affinity and they are pulled together into a 'bundle' of documents called a Brief for the Barrister.
2. Compiling the brief electronically working with a List of Documents or an Index. Emailing these to the lawyer to be checked and then sending them to the Barrister.
Amendments to documents
1. Lawyers will often make amendments by handwritten notes on documents that have already been transcribed for them. Adding these amendments to the original document, and saving the new document to Affinity and emailing a copy back to the lawyer for them to approve.
1. Using templates, typing the information that will be provided either into a template document or cutting and pasting into a template document. These documents will vary as there are a number of them, but the task is essentially the same.
Gathering information from new clients before their first appointments
1. Emailing a standard template email to a potential new client to collect information from them, prior to their first appointment. Forwarding this information once returned to the lawyer and their Adelaide based personal assistant.
1. Receiving calls from lawyers, personal assistants and clients
2. Making calls to clients, third parties such as doctors, etc
1. Previous experience of working as a Legal Assistant in the legal field (if possible)
2. Ideally will have experience supporting an Australian law firm
3. Excellent spoken and written English
4. Advanced MS Office skills
5. Advanced typing skills/speed
6. High level organizational skills and ability to meet set deadlines.
7. Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
8. Corporate presentation and communication skills